Banana Peach Smoothie
This creamy and refreshing smoothie is good for your gut and great for your health. You can make this easy snack or breakfast in minutes with just 5-ingredients!
Nothing beats a nourishing smoothie for a quick breakfast or snack.
They’re such a great way to add nutrition to your day. And even if you’re using a tried and tested recipe like this one, they’re so easy to customize to your taste and what’s actually in your fridge that day.
This banana peach smoothie is a fun and delicious way to add some variety to your usual smoothie rotation. Bonus: it comes together in minutes and it’s packed with nutrition. It’s definitely dietitian-approved.
Need more quick and easy breakfast recipes? Try these:
Why you’ll love this recipe
It’s a meal you don’t have to cook. Enough said!
It’s quick and easy. Smoothies are just about the fastest and most simple way to jam a whole lot of nutrition into a tiny little cup. All I ask is 3-minutes and 5 ingredients. That’s doable… right?!
It’s nutritious. This smoothie has vitamins, minerals, fiber and fermented dairy. It’s good for your gut, your heart, and your belly!
It’s easy to customize. Need to swap a fruit? Add a veg? Change the seed? It’s easy to do and will still taste delicious.
It’s refreshing. Nothing beats an ice-cold smoothie on a hot day or after a workout. This smoothie is the perfect nutrient-rich drink to enjoy when you need to cool off.
Is this smoothie healthy?
It sure is! Let’s review some of the health benefits of this peach and banana smoothie:
- Bananas (especially when they’re green!) offer a unique prebiotic fiber called resistant starch–this is fuel to help your good gut bugs thrive!
- Peaches contain soluble and insoluble fiber to promote good digestion and better heart health.
- Kefir is rich in probiotics for a diverse microbiome and good gut health long-term.
- The orange juice in this peach banana smoothie offers vitamin C to support immunity and healing.
- Hemp seeds are nutrient-dense sprinkles with loads of healthy fats, fiber, and minerals to reduce disease risk.
- This smoothie is naturally gluten-free making it a great choice for people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Banana–for sweetness and a creamy texture. You can use fresh or frozen.
- Frozen peach slices–frozen fruit is inexpensive and lasts forever! You can use fresh if needed.
- Kefir–this unique fermented dairy drink is great for your gut. But you can sub yogurt if you prefer that too!
- Orange juice–for a bit more freshness and flavour. Feel free to sub for whatever juice you have on-hand.
- Hemp seeds–these are always optional… but I urge you to try them! Hemp seeds offer a nice nutty flavor and they’re packed with nutrition.
How to make this banana peach smoothie
Step 1: Combine ingredients in a blender.
Combine banana, peaches, kefir, orange juice and hemp seeds in a blender.
Step 2: Blend and serve!
Tightly secure the lid and blend mixture until smooth, about 45-60 seconds. Enjoy immediately!
The beauty of smoothies is that they’re so easy to customize. If you want extra nutrition, color or flavour, try adding:
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen raspberries
- Avocado chunks
- Ground flax seeds
- Fresh spinach
- Frozen kale
- Protein powder
- Frozen cauliflower (you heard that right!)
Need a great blender?
Nobody likes drinking chunks. So the key to a great smoothie is a blender that works! But you don’t need to spend loads of money to get one.
I love and use Ninja Kitchen blenders and they work just as well as the pricier options!
Tips for success
- If you’re using all frozen fruit, add more liquid.
- If you’re adding all fresh fruit, start with less liquid!
- Adjust the liquid to fit the texture you prefer. More liquid = a thinner consistency!
- To make smoothies more filling, add extra protein and fiber. I love to add a scoop of vanilla whey protein and ¼ cup of oats.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use all fresh or all frozen fruit?
Absolutely! Use what you have on hand. Add more liquid if you’re using all frozen fruit, and start with less liquid if you’re using all fresh. Adjust as needed.
How can I make this smoothie sweeter?
Add 1-2 tsp of honey (or sweetener of your choice) or 1-2 pitted medjool dates. Or add a little extra fruit or orange juice!
Can I make this smoothie vegan?
You can make this smoothie with peaches and bananas vegan and dairy-free by swapping kefir for soy beverage or a plant-based yogurt of your choice.
Can I use different fruits?
You can’t go wrong mixing fruits in a blender! Feel free to swap fruits for what you have available, or add additional fruits like frozen strawberries or fresh kiwi.
What’s the best way to prep this recipe ahead of time?
Portion fruit and seeds in individual freezer-safe containers or bags. When you’re ready to enjoy your smoothie, add the contents of the bag to a blender, top with kefir and orange juice, and blend!
Banana Peach Smoothie
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup frozen peach slices
- 1/2 cup plain kefir, or yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- Combine banana, peaches, kefir, orange juice and hemp seeds in a blender.
- Tightly secure the lid and blend mixture until smooth, about 45-60 seconds. Enjoy immediately!