Easy Air Fryer Frittata (3-Ingredients)
Need an easy, protein-packed breakfast for busy weekday mornings? This 3-ingredient air fryer frittata with broccoli and cheddar is a quick and healthy way to enjoy eggs.
You might already know that I’m obsessed with my air fryer.
It’s quick. Somehow, it cooks everything perfectly. And I’m constantly looking for new foods to shove in there. Because seriously, it’s foolproof.
So when TikTok exposed me to the world of air fryer frittatas, I knew I had to make a recipe of my own!
You’ll need only 3 ingredients (plus some seasonings!) to make this easy frittata in the air fryer. And it’s got all the goods for a healthy and filling meal–protein, fats and veggies.
And it’s got cheese. So that’s great too.
And hey, are you new here? I’m Miranda! A Registered Dietitian who is on a mission to simplify nutrition and share insanely easy recipes so you can actually do this healthy eating thing without feeling overwhelmed or deprived.
Why you’ll love this recipe
There are so many reasons to love this easy air fryer frittata with broccoli and cheddar.
It’s high in protein. Protein is so important for breakfast because it helps you feel and stay full all morning long. One serving of this air fryer frittata contains 19 grams of protein!
It’s super satiating. Protein is filling. And when it’s paired with fats from cheddar cheese and fiber from broccoli–it leaves you mentally satisfied and content too. No more ending breakfast feeling like you’re wanting more 20-minutes later!
You only need 15-minutes to make it. This recipe is as easy as they come. You’ll need a few minutes of prep time to chop the broccoli and shred the cheese. But really, most of your waiting time will be while things are cooking away in the air fryer.
It’s fancier than it looks. I just love a good frittata. And genuinely, this version tastes just as good as anything you’d make in the oven.
Did I mention, it’s super customizable? Prefer a different cheese? Different veg? Want to add some leftover bacon crumbles? Easy! You can easily add or swap ingredients in this recipe.
What you’ll need to make air fryer frittata
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy air fryer frittata, and the health benefits of our star ingredients!
- Air fryer liners. Obviously, you’ll need an air fryer to make this one–but you’ll need a silicone liner too. This is what will hold the egg mixture while cooking and give the frittata its shape! Make sure to measure your air fryer basket before purchasing a liner. You’ll want to make sure your liner is a little smaller in diameter than your basket so nothing gets squished!
- Eggs. Eggs are nutritional powerhouses. They’re packed with protein, fat, carotenoids, iron, vitamin D and choline. And don’t worry, they don’t impact blood cholesterol in the way we once thought.
- Broccoli. Like all veggies, broccoli packs a lot of nutrition without a lot of calories. Even better, it offers fiber, vitamin C, potassium and a whole load of beneficial antioxidants and plant compounds like sulforaphane. In short, it’s really good for you.
- Cheese. Listen, we don’t want to eat, like, pounds of cheese every day. But a serving or two can absolutely support a healthy, balanced diet. It’s a great source of protein, calcium and phosphorous.
- Seasonings. This recipe uses salt and cayenne pepper. Simple but delicious.
Substitutions and variations
Want to change some of the flavors and ingredients? No problem! Let’s chat through some common substitutions and variations—what will work, and what won’t.
- Swap the veggie. You can absolutely swap broccoli for whatever veggie you enjoy–bell peppers, leeks, even sliced cherry tomatoes! Whatever you choose, just make sure to chop it small so it cooks through.
- Change the cheese. Most hard and semi-soft cheeses like mozzarella, monterey jack and feta will work great! I would recommend being careful with softer cheese like ricotta cottage cheese, because the extra moisture can change the texture of the dish.
- Play with seasonings. I chose salt and cayenne pepper to keep things simple. But garlic powder, onion powder, and even some paprika would be delicious too. And you can’t go wrong with black pepper!
Here are some other flavor combinations to try in your air fryer frittata:
- Cauliflower and sharp cheddar
- Bacon crumbles and broccoli
- Sliced cherry tomatoes and goat’s cheese
- Shredded zucchini and feta cheese
- Sweet potato cubes and goat’s cheese
- Ham cubes and monterey jack
- Crumbled sausage and butternut squash
- Leeks and goat’s cheese
- Sliced jalapenos and mozzarella
- Sliced mushrooms and feta cheese
- Yellow squash and parmesan cheese
How to make air fryer frittata
This easy recipe comes together in less than 15-minutes. Here’s how to make it:
Step 1: Preheat your air fryer.
Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F for 2 minutes.
Step 2: Mix ingredients together.
In a medium bowl, mix whisked eggs, shredded cheese, chopped broccoli and seasonings together with a fork.
Step 3: Add ingredients to air fryer liner.
Once the air fryer is preheated, place your silicone liner into the air fryer basket. Pour in your egg mixture. Make sure ingredients are evenly distributed.
Step 4: Cook air fryer frittata.
Bake your air fryer frittata for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and completely set.
Note: cook time will vary depending on the size of your air fryer and liner. To prevent burning, start with 8 minutes, and cook 2 additional minutes at a time as needed.
Step 5: Remove from liner and serve!
Remove the air fryer basket from the air fryer and allow the frittata to rest for 2-3 minutes. Once liner is cooled enough to be handled, gently remove the liner and frittata from the air fryer. Transfer the frittata to a cutting board and remove from the liner. Cut and serve immediately!
What to serve with air fryer frittata
Nutrition by addition is my jam.
Which essentially means that we never exclude foods out of fear–and sometimes, we ADD nutrition to make things more filling and health-promoting.
Here, I’d recommend adding something carb-y and high fiber to the side. Here are some examples of what to serve with your air fryer frittata:
- Air fryer potatoes
- Sweet potato hash
- Whole grain bread
- Whole wheat english muffin
- Side of oatmeal
- Fruit salad
Frequently asked questions
Is this recipe low carb?
Yes, this air fryer frittata recipe is low carb. But don’t forget, carbs are energizing and can often be health-promoting. I’d recommend serving this recipe with your favourite high fiber carb to make it more satisfying and filling.
Can I add more eggs?
Sure! But approach with caution. More eggs will definitely mean a longer cooking time, and it might throw off the ratio of egg/cheese/veggies. Also note: my silicone air fryer liner would only allow for an additional 1-2 eggs before it overflows!
Can I use egg whites instead of whole eggs?
You can, but I don’t love the taste or texture with egg whites only.
How can I store air fryer frittata?
- Allow frittata to fully cool before storing.
- In the fridge–in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave for 45-seconds, adding time in 10-second increments as needed.
- In the freezer–tightly wrap individual servings in plastic wrap, and store in a freezer-safe plastic or silicone bag. Store for 1-2 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight and microwave before serving.
Can I use a regular baking tin instead?
Yes, any baking dish that is oven-safe will work in the air fryer too. But you’ll need to make sure it fits! Also note: you’ll likely need to grease a traditional baking tin or add parchment paper to prevent sticking.
Easy Air Fryer Frittata
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup broccoli, chopped small
- 1/2 cup aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Air fryer
- Silicone liner for air fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 375° F for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix whisked eggs, shredded cheese, chopped broccoli and seasonings together with a fork.
- Once the air fryer is preheated, place your silicone liner into the air fryer basket. Pour in your egg mixture. Make sure ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Bake your frittata for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and completely set. *Note: cook time will vary depending on the size of your air fryer and liner. To prevent burning, start with 8 minutes, and cook 2 additional minutes at a time as needed.
- Remove the air fryer basket from the air fryer and allow the frittata to rest in the liner for 2-3 minutes. Once liner is cooled enough to be handled, gently remove the liner and frittata from the air fryer. Transfer the frittata to a cutting board and remove from liner. Cut and serve immediately!