Pickle lovers: this one’s for you! This greek yogurt dill dip will be your new favorite pairing with veggies, potato chips or pita bread. Even better? This healthy version offers all the fresh and zesty flavor of the usual dill pickle chip dip with a little less fat and a lot more protein.
I think we all know and love a good greek yogurt ranch.
But if you’re growing a little tired of it… this dill dip with PICKLES and greek yogurt is the perfect alternative to shake things up.
This dip’s truly got it all: it’s simple, garlicky, light and versatile. It pairs perfectly with whatever vegetables or chips you have on hand. AND it uses greek yogurt as the base, so you can feel confident knowing this tasty dip offers lots of filling protein too.
Why you’ll love this healthy dill dip
This greek yogurt dill dip is:
And of course… delicious!
As a Registered Dietitian, I’m especially excited about the health benefits this delicious dip offers, without sacrificing any taste or satisfaction.
Most dill pickle dips I’ve seen are made with cream cheese or sour cream. Don’t get me wrong, those are both delicious choices!
But because this dip is made with greek yogurt (and just a little mayo), it’s got way more protein and a lot less fat too. It’s more filling and a little less indulgent, which will leave you feeling light and energized the rest of the day.
There’s only 6 ingredients plus seasonings in this delicious dill pickle dip:
- Plain greek yogurt
- Mayonnaise (don’t skip this–it adds some important fat and flavor!)
- Garlic dill pickles
- Pickle juice from the jar
- Fresh dill
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make this dip
Here’s how to make this greek yogurt dill dip with pickles.
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and gently stir until combined.
- Taste and adjust ingredients to your liking.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later (see suggestions below).
How to serve
You can enjoy this recipe as a dip, dressing or sauce. Try some of these ideas:
- Dip your favorite vegetables like carrots, snap peas or radishes
- Spread onto pita or naan bread and add chickpeas and veggies
- Add to your favorite burger bowl or nacho salad
- Scoop onto grain bowls or rice platters instead of tzatziki
- Serve with crinkle cut chips or pita chips (my personal favorite)
This dip is seriously DELICIOUS and packed with flavor on its own.
But if you’re feeling fancy, try adding these additional ingredients:
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Finely chopped pepperoncini
- Squeeze of lemon or lemon zest
- Dried chives or fresh green onion
- Taste the dip and adjust seasonings before serving–you might want more garlic, pickle juice or salt!
- For a smoother texture, grate the pickle instead of chopping it.
- Choose a greek yogurt with 2% fat or more for a less sour taste and creamier dip.
How to store greek yogurt dill dip
This dill dip with greek yogurt is perfect for meal prep!
You can make it in advance and store it in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge. Glass food storage containers like these would work perfectly!
Frequently asked questions
Can I use regular yogurt instead of greek yogurt?
Yes, that would be tasty too! But please note that the dip will not contain as much protein and will be a thinner consistency.
How can I make this vegan?
You can easily make this recipe plant-based by using your favorite vegan yogurt or mayonnaise as the base.
What makes this dip healthy?
This dill pickle dip recipe is made with greek yogurt instead of the usual cream cheese or sour cream. This dip contains more protein, fewer calories and less fat than many other versions, making it a more nutrient-dense option and a little less indulgent!
But remember, a healthy and balanced diet makes room for all foods and you should never feel guilty for what you eat.
Other recipes you’ll love
Try these other healthy dips and dressings!
- Creamy salsa dressing (try with this easy nacho salad recipe)
- Creamy pesto vinaigrette (goes perfectly with these chicken pesto quinoa bowls)
Greek Yogurt Dill (Pickle!) Dip
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt 2% fat or more
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup garlic dill pickles finely chopped or grated
- 2 tbsp pickle juice from jar with garlic bits
- 1 tbsp fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients: add all ingredients to a small bowl. Gently stir with a spoon until ingredients are well combined.
- Taste and adjust: taste greek yogurt dill pickle dip and add additional salt and pepper (or other ingredients) as needed.
- Serve or store: serve immediately with vegetables, pita bread or potato chips! If making ahead, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Be the first to comment