Healthy No-Bake Cheesecake Bowls
These healthy cheesecake bowls with strawberries make the perfect high protein breakfast or snack that’s ready in minutes. This no-bake recipe uses smooth cottage cheese, greek yogurt, honey and vanilla extract for a lightly sweet option that will leave you full for hours.
Why you need these cheesecake bowls
There’s so many reasons to love this healthy, high-protein cheesecake in a bowl:
- Easy to make: This recipe comes together in under 5 minutes with just a blender, making it a perfect option for busy weekdays or lazy weekends.
- Versatile: This recipe works well as an easy breakfast, snack or high protein dessert. And you can customize it with loads of toppings (scroll down for some ideas!).
- High protein: Cottage cheese and Greek yogurt are both excellent sources of protein, which can support your fitness goals and help you feel full longer.
- Low in added sugar: This recipe is lightly sweetened with honey and topped with fruit for a perfect, balanced option.
- Filling: Thanks to the protein content and nutrient-dense ingredients, this no-bake cheesecake bowl is a filling and satisfying snack or dessert option.
- Nutritious: If you love cheesecake but want a healthy everyday alternative, this recipe will be your new favorite.
You might be surprised to hear a Registered Dietitian recommending cheesecake for breakfast. But the amazing thing about these delicious, creamy cheesecake bowls is that they’re actually packed with nutrition and brimming with health benefits!
Nutrition highlights of these sweet, smooth cottage cheese bowls with strawberries:
High protein – one of these filling bowls has 20 grams of protein! And because this recipe uses cottage cheese and greek yogurt, that’s complete protein offering all the amino acids you need to thrive.
Low calorie – a healthy relationship with food means knowing that calories aren’t everything, but they are something! This recipe is nutrient-dense; high in nutrition and low in calories. That means it’s super filling and can support your health goals, including gentle weight loss.
Rich in minerals – did you know dairy products like the smooth cottage cheese in this recipe offer important micronutrients like calcium, vitamin D, phosphorus and magnesium?
Contains antioxidants – strawberries contain powerful polyphenols that support cell and metabolic health through anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. All berries are awesome for reducing disease risk–and strawberries are no exception!
Delicious – feeling consistent and in control with food requires you to actually like what you’re eating. Satisfaction is an important part of a healthy diet too!
Ingredient notes and substitutions
You’ll need 5 ingredients (plus a few optional toppings!) to make these smooth cottage cheese bowls:
- Cottage cheese: If you choose low fat, you’ll get more protein and fewer calories. If you choose high fat, you’ll get more calories and a richer flavor. What you choose is up to you!
- Plain greek yogurt: The cottage cheese makes these bowls creamy, and the greek yogurt tones down that cheesy flavor.
- Vanilla extract: This is important for flavor – don’t skip it!
- Honey: You can add as much or as little as you’d like, but I think this tastes best lightly sweetened. Especially since the strawberries and other toppings might be sweet too!
- Sliced strawberries: If you don’t have fresh, thaw frozen strawberries overnight. You could also use other fruits like sliced banana, mango, or blueberries.
How to make no-bake cheesecake in a bowl
This easy recipe comes together in less than 5-minute in your blender or food processor!
To start, blend ingredients. In a blender or food processor, combine cottage cheese, greek yogurt, vanilla extract and honey. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 45-seconds. If needed, scrape the sides of your blender or food processor every 5-10 seconds.
Then, add toppings! Transfer mixture to bowls. Top cheesecake bowl with fresh strawberries and other toppings as desired.
Single serving option
You can make a single serving of this cheesecake bowl by using half of the listed ingredients. However, it will blend easier with more contents in the blender or food processor.
I would recommend making 2 servings (or more) at a time and saving some for later instead!
Transfer cottage cheese mixture to an airtight container immediately after blending and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If making for meal prep, double or triple the recipe and store in portioned containers.
Add toppings immediately before eating and serve chilled.
Additional toppings for cheesecake bowls
Try adding other toppings like these for extra satisfaction and flavor!
- Crushed graham crackers (so, so good)
- Sliced banana
- Fresh or frozen blueberries
- Finely diced mango
- Teddy Graham honey cookies
- Crushed digestive biscuits
- Extra honey
- Drizzle of peanut butter
This recipe would make a delicious parfait or layered strawberry ‘cheesecake’ bowl!
Instead of simply adding your smooth cottage cheese to a bowl with toppings, try layering it with fruit and crushed graham crackers in a mug or glass!
Frequently asked questions
What if I don’t have a blender or food processor?
The blender is what helps make the cottage cheese a smooth, whipped texture. If you’re okay with some texture from the cheese curds, you can make this recipe by stirring all ingredients in a bowl!
What if I don’t like cottage cheese?
If the texture of cottage cheese is what bothers you, this recipe is the perfect option! The final texture of the cheesecake bowls is completely blended and smooth.
If you don’t love the flavor of cottage cheese, I’d still give this a try.
Can I use frozen fruit instead?
Absolutely! In fact, I think that would be delicious because when frozen fruits thaw, they release juices that pair well with these cottage cheese bowls.
What I’d recommend is thawing frozen berries or other fruit in a bowl in the fridge overnight. Then pour the thawed fruit and juices right over the cottage cheese bowls before serving.
Other sweet breakfasts you’ll love
Healthy No-Bake Cheesecake Bowls
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp honey
- 1 cup sliced strawberries, or other fruit
- crushed graham crackers or Teddy Grahams cookies
- chopped nuts or sliced almonds
- other fruit like banana slices, blueberries or blackberries
- drizzle or honey or peanut butter
- Blender or food processor
- Blend ingredients: In a blender or food processor, combine cottage cheese, greek yogurt, vanilla extract and honey. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 45-seconds. If needed, scrape the sides of your blender or food processor every 5-10 seconds.
- Add toppings: Transfer mixture to bowls. Top cheesecake bowl with fresh strawberries and other toppings as desired.
- Serve and enjoy!