Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie
Searching for a healthy smoothie that actually tastes as good as it makes you feel? This strawberry raspberry smoothie has got you covered! This nourishing snack or breakfast is ready in minutes to keep you fuelled on even your busiest days.
Reasons to love this smoothie
This strawberry raspberry smoothie will become a fast favorite for more reasons than one!
Delicious – my balanced dietitian rule is that smoothies have to taste good. This delicious combination of sweet strawberries and tangy raspberries makes for a really satisfying sip!
Quick and easy – with just a few simple ingredients and absolutely no cooking, this smoothie is a convenient and fuss-free way to enjoy a snack or meal.
Nutritious – chia seeds for fiber, yogurt for protein, vibrant pink fruits for alllll the vitamins. Veggies are awesome in smoothies… but they’re not the only way to add nutrition to them!
Versatile – this smoothie can be enjoy as one big breakfast, a small (but mighty) snack, or a refreshing lakeside beverage.
Customizable – as always, you’re free to adjust this recipe to fit your dietary needs or preferences. Try swapping different fruits or playing with proportions as you’d like!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this nourishing raspberry strawberry smoothie:
- Frozen strawberries – fresh work too, but your smoothie won’t be as thick or cold.
- Frozen raspberries – feel free to use fresh or frozen!
- Banana slices – banana adds a creamy texture and a pleasant sweetness.
- Green yogurt – this is for protein, but the delicious tang also adds great flavor!
- Chia seeds – did you know that 1 tbsp of chia seeds contains over 5 grams of fiber? They’re the best nutrient-boosting smoothie ingredient out there!
- Water or milk – feel free to swap for almond milk, coconut milk or dairy milk.
- Vanilla protein powder – I love vanilla whey protein, but use what you have!
How to make this strawberry raspberry smoothie
Making this delicious smoothie couldn’t be easier!
Simply add all your ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, about 45-seconds. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Meal prep option
Smoothies can separate and change texture when you blend them in advance and store in the fridge for later.
Instead, I recommend prepping the ingredients for your smoothie ahead of time and blending right before serving.
For this recipe, I’d suggest adding your fruit, chia seeds, and protein powder to a freezer-safe bag and storing in the freezer. When you’re ready to enjoy, pour the contents into a blender, add greek yogurt and water, and blend!
This smoothie is so versatile! Feel free to swap or add ingredients to fit your liking.
Here are some variations you’ll love:
- Try juice instead of water
- Swap vanilla for chocolate protein powder
- Use tropical fruits like mango instead of banana
- Add veggies like baby spinach, kale or a small scoop of cauliflower rice
- Serve as a smoothie bowl with granola or shredded coconut on top
Frequently asked questions
That’s up to you, your needs, and your hunger level! You can enjoy this smoothie as one larger serving, or share it with a friend or family member.
For a thick smoothie, use all frozen fruit, use less liquid and/or add ice. For a thinner smoothie, use fresh fruit and/or add more liquid.
You can make this strawberry raspberry smoothie vegan by using a plant-based yogurt and protein powder.
Because chia seeds are so rich in fiber, they absorb a lot of liquid! This can cause the smoothie to thicken after a few hours in the fridge.
Smoothies can make a wonderful meal when they contain enough protein, fiber and calories to keep you full. This strawberry raspberry smoothie could work as a meal for some people, or it can be served alongside other filling foods like eggs or healthy toast!
This post may contain affiliate links.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 banana, sliced, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup water or other liquid*
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth, about 45-seconds. Pulse the blender or add additional liquid if needed.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!